Saturday, April 10, 2010

Omen: Bad or Good

What does the presence of a demon do to another avatar in-world SL?
Read on, as I will share some interesting events with you.

I visited an in world machine terminal to make a deposit. It was not too long ago, before Linden Labs removed the transfer terminals for Xstreet, and started on-line transfer of lindens, making the process a lot better.

I poofed in and stood in line, yes like everyone else, while a couple was all ready in front of the terminal. They were finishing, and almost the same spot I poofed in, when another avatar, poofed in shortly.

She was still rezzing, (having things appear, and themselves) while I stood, and waited. The first thing the avatar, said after seeing me, “This is not good, not good, bad omen.” And quickly poofed out. I was laughing to myself. (I scared the poor soul away.)

When, I went to a weapons store, I looked around for the latest in gadgets to add to my avatar. Stayed for an hour, reading stuff on the walls, because some where hard to read..and lag was not much help.

Anyway, a newbie poofed in, at the middle of the room, and did not care and went about my business. Few seconds later, got an IM (instant message) from this fellow. Not a salutation, but profanity. WTF…I stated the same things to the fool, and activated my offensive spell hud, setting about of knocking him around the room for some fun. But unfortunately, the hud did not work, and exchanged in vulgar heated profanities, when I decided to walk over there and push him around for good measure, but he poofed out of there, before I got to him.

So, I stayed and waited for him to return, because I was thinking, he was there to purchase, some kind of HUD. But I had a surprise for his return. I worn my Cow Launcher, which was not affected by the land’s disabling ability for this particular script.

Set my mouse cursor to have my cross-hair in line and pointed to the direction he would poofed in. Shot some rounds off for practice, and waited…and waited…and waited. Fool never came back. I was disappointed of course. I wanted to have fun at his expense. lol..ohh well, next time.

And my most cherished memory is when I poofed in at Bay City Municipal Airport for newbie’s. I just rezzed shortly in the middle of a packed room of people, and could not move. When I got an IM from Ariel, and how she loved the look of my red demon avatar, and quickly invited me for drinks, in her Den of Iniquity. I will tell you my story for another time, but read her story first, you’ll enjoy it.

1 comment: