Sunday, July 8, 2012

Hellhole @ Bayview

Well...what can I say to our "official opening" at Hellhole? It was a great success yesterday...but I don't measure success on one day events. I measure success of how the "longevity" of being on a Sim one stays to call it home. And in SL, the average stay is around three months on a Sim, if everything works out fine, from my personal past experience.

The attendance was very good, averaged about 16 avatars during the whole day event, from 8 am until 9 pm slt. I posted a notice to a few other demon groups I belong too, and that helped to bring in traffic. Plus I posted it on SL events section of the web page, but you need two hours in advance to do it. I'm just glad that Aaliy, a pet of Cor did make it and picked up the live music stream after Anubis passed out in his room. He finished a whole bottle of Tequila by himself during the event. (Laughs)


We moved on here during the first week of June, after leaving Planet Earth Estates. I was not the cause of it, other than the misunderstanding with one of my officers, and the estate owner of the Sim. I apologized for the incident, as Head of Household of my family. Your expected too take the blame and conduct of your family. Just like "vicarious liability" when an employee in RL cause damage, or something serious while that employee is working for the company. But outside his/her facility, that the employer is held responsible for the actions of that employee.

With us finally here, and Ariel doing most of the decorations. It did not turn out as bad as I though it would have been. She placed the main castle, and most of the items in it, and on the island. I only needed to place items that catered to those that like to play "dolcett."

And as a demon avatar it's part of my role play. The idea comes from medieval art that were commissioned by the Roman Catholic Church; "fires of hell with consume your soul" And images of demons devouring souls has been planted in our minds ever since then.

But did you stop to think...has it gotten any better since then? About human morals? Just because its not illegal by the laws we pass, does that mean its ok to set aside the Bible? Anyway, that is my take as to why I have dolcett role play on my Sims.

The other area I worked on was the caves and tunnels. I liked how things turned out before on Planet Earth, and I continued with the caves. I placed it inside an already pre-made area on the Sim. The opening entrance was behind the mountain, with a flat sandy looking prim texture covering the top when it was terra formed by the estate owner. It was big enough for me to set two levels of caves and tunnels. Which I never did before until then. It turned out great!

I originally placed the Lots of Fun barn animals by the castle, but Ariel had to have things her way that day. It ended up on the second floor of the caves. I added a Leech Tank, and a Water Dunking Device that rotates for torture on the first level. And my permanent housing for the Zombie Rezzor, since Halo is so freaked out by the zombies. (Smiles)

I just wanted to avoid us clashing, since Halo, Ariel, and I planed to live there and share in the tier expense of living on a Sim together. Being civil with Ariel is going to be a challenge, since we are not a couple. Why just boot her from the family? Its obvious since she has decorated the place, and risk of losing what we hoped to have together on the Sim. Well, only time will tell...if Ariel and I come to blows. I hope it does not come to that.


Meanwhile, Halo got herself a nice castle of her portion of the island. And a dock for her small boat, as she loves to sail on the lagoon. I asked her to go ahead, and get a man eating shark to swim in it. Like the ones my brother Otto had during my son's Bronxton and Esme wedding day. She will think about it, as of this post.

Halo, my daughter is doing her best to stay neutral. Since she is my daughter, and Ariel is a good friend to her. It would be a shame, if she choose Ariel over me. But nothing I can do about it. That still applies, since my group is about "free will and consent" as long as I have the final stay in the matter.

Its Hellhole, not the kind of fairy fantasy land in SL. Don't expect any kindness from a demon avatar. Your in my Hell!

No comments:

Post a Comment