Sunday, July 22, 2012

Wedding of Gail and Cobra

Today, I walked my newest daughter Gail down the aisle, and handed her over to my son-in-law Cobra. Gail is the sister of Misti, and asked me to take her in as my daughter. It is an honor, when someone ask you to be their Father/Dad or Mother/Mom figure in their lives in SL.

Unfortunately, I missed the wedding of Misti and Ice, last month. They invited me to attend, but sadly I was not home most of the day. And found out after, when a notice was sent out. Misti has her own Father and Mother, so I was not concerned. But when your invited to a wedding, it really is good to go. I made up for it by giving the nuptials lindens, for what ever items they may need for a home.

When Gail came down the stairs, my only utterance of words were; "You look wonderful my daughter. I am happy for you and Cobra." Planted a kiss on her cheek and walked down the aisle together. And everyone was focused on the Bride, and never on the Bride's Father. (Laughs)

At the ritual base, where Cobra (Groom) Misti (Minister) wife to Ice, (brother to Cobra), Brides Maids, and a few more people I did not know were already there. I looked at Cobra, "I present you my daughter, your Bride." I helped Gail take a step up on the platform, as the gown covered her feet. I did not like the idea of my daughter stepping on her gown and falling down.

Gail, Cobra, Misti, and Ice

The Bride side's of the family were nicely seated on the left side. I went over to join them. BJ, Mel, Demi, Yog, D.Valerie were present at the wedding. I paned over to Gail and Cobra, and took the only picture in the wedding. The picture caused by laptop to freeze and crash. My mouse device went crazy, and froze. I had to reboot my laptop lasting about ten minutes. By the time I got back in world, they had already exchanged vows, and Misti pronounced them as husband and wife.

It's not the first time SL glitches has ruined a special event for me and others. But what can you do, lag will always be a torn and pain in the ass when your in this virtual world.

The reception was to take place immediately, but not before the ceremony building was removed under our feet. We all fell in the water, and all the lovely gowns and attires got wet. Well, that is a role play aspect also, having all of us wet before the reception. It was not intentional, as lag was becoming an issue during the wedding, caused by the building itself as I was told later. But I don't think it will be the craze anytime soon in RL.

I danced with BJ for awhile. And dinner time on the east coast for her, so she left soon after. My daughter Halo danced with a Space Marine, Ultra Chapter from War Hammer 40,000. And the center of the dance, my daughter Gail and her Husband Cobra. He was lagging also, she said, "If you don't dance with me Husband, I am going shopping at Alexandra's store." We laughed! This is where the Bride starts to assert herself in front of family, who is really wearing the pants between them. But it was a jest, and she is playful.

It was a nice wedding and glad I made it.

postscript

It was delayed for thirty minutes, as Misti, Ice, and Cobra had problems logging in world. And I almost missed it, thinking the wedding to be Monday afternoon.

Yog was nude sitting there, until I told her to get dressed. Shakes head. She though all pets are to be nude at all times. Yes, new pets are nude only at Hellhole, but does not apply outside my Sim


No comments:

Post a Comment