Thursday, July 26, 2012

Hellhole Island

We are done! It has been a week since we moved to the new location, and are now enjoying ourselves without the distraction from the last place. This time on the island; BJ, I, and my daughter Halo each have our own parcel section. With me getting half, and the remaining half is split between BJ and Halo. The prims are allocated automatically, and have set our own music stream running. This has really helped alleviate any issues about prims being used, or what music stream we have to possibly haggle over, if the Sim was not divided.

I pay 3500 Lindens, while BJ and Halo pay 1750 Lindens each. That sums up the price of the Sim Tiers to 7000 weekly expense. Translated into real money, that is about $15.00 dollars a week, or $60.00 a month for me. 2000 Lindens is the minimum to purchase, and equal to $8.50.

People actually play Linden currency trading while in world, and make real money out of it. And it varies on the Linden Exchange for those buying and selling it. Yup, it is the same on the Money Exchange Index traded on Wall Street; US Dollar, British Pound, and Japanese Yen. It depends on how long you hold on to your Lindens, then exchange it back for real money. This is not an endorsement, like with anything you invest. The initial money you risk, may not give you a substantial return. Though I would mention that, since land in SL is not free, or cheap to own.

For those of us that own virtual land, we do it because it's "home" to our avatars. Play one's own music stream, have friends over to chill out with you. Rezz items instead of going to a sand box. And build and create objects from your imagination to improve your home, or sell to other avatars on SL Market Street.


Hellhole, on this island is two levels of caves and tunnels. I purchased a home similar to Ariel's, when I saw it on Market. I teleported to the in world location, and saw it on sell as of this posting date, for 999 Lindens. I did not want to initially buy it, but needed to find a new home as soon as possible, to get the Sim up and running before the Olympics started this Friday. "What the Hell, I might as well." I set my new "Castle Graven" on top of the mountain, instead of next to it on ground level. The view is great! And with the balcony I made before, I have added again to it.

The zombies are out on the open area, which makes it easy to spot them. Since they are still hard to kill, and worst if I had placed them inside the caves. They would just be randomly rezzing, and your avatar would likely die often, or would not have a chance to fire a shot off.

I set the decorations myself, my room on the third has the usual items; bed, pet basket, dance pole, and a few pictures. The room across me has a multi pose rug, and some furniture. Second floor, has the Dolcett kitchen, and the room across from it has a bed and a mattress.

With the picture of Pinhead looking over the room. Actually, its an item that held my Pinhead avatar that looked good enough as a wall decor. Did I mention a new Hellraiser movie is set for release next year? Yes! Check out the trailer in YouTube.

BJ edited the terrain, and made a connection between her section onto mine. So, that we have a continuous network of tunnels under our castles. She also added a waterfall inside one section of my cave this time. It really looks great! You have to see it for yourself, if you don't mind getting sniped to death by us demons. Smiles.

Anyway, I'm glad we are done with the builds on the Sim. All I have to do is enjoy my Olympic events on TV. And check in world from time to time for messages.

No comments:

Post a Comment