Sunday, September 4, 2011

Pony Girl; Revised Content

Original Content Removed*

I removed the content that was here, by the request of my friend Chey. Now my former friend Chey, which I said, "Content removed, my parting gift to you. Enjoy your Fox." I always though to be a writer, one has the right to express their personal views, thoughts, and feelings to lay out to share with others. I did just that, when I wrote about Chey as a "Pony Girl."

She got upset...since the day she read it. It was a failure of both sides to see what I was trying to do. I wanted to entertain the reader, you my audience. And she though I was mocking her, poking fun at her choices in SL. Nothing more far from it.

I respect Chey, the person she is, that I have gotten to know, and appreciate her and the friendship we made together. But sadly I had to end it today.


To compromise my writing to satisfy one or a few people, is like censorship of my mind. I did just this one story I removed the original content, but at a cost. Call it a "Pyrrhic Tragedy." I know it was a lost cause for both of us. She got what she wanted, I removed the original text. And I removed her from my friends list.

I am writing this now, if I should meet a new friend. I will never compromise to delete it for their own lack of understanding, or their failure to see my point of view. I don't write to hurt my friends. I would only be hurting myself, as a person and as a writer.


Pony Girl; Chey.

No comments:

Post a Comment