Sunday, June 3, 2012

Short Digital Story

I am currently making a short digital movie in Second Life. I started the shoot on Friday, which took about four hours. The segments was easy to do, as I directed my actors to a scene. They by holding a prop, and letting their animations do the rest. But sometimes, no animation is better. Especially when it does not work well, to what I am trying to convey on the screen.

Also, it helps to tell them to focus in their mind, when I tell them what the scene is about. It makes it possible to get feed back from my actors, which could help in making a scene look more better.

My story board is not on paper, but in my mind. So I develop a scene, and just shoot it. And somewhere down the filming, I get ideas of how to edit it all together.

The short film, is about what its like to be treated in Hellhole. When an avatar does on the next realm of reality. In a virtual world, in a virtual spirit world of Second Life. If I did want to send hidden messages, it would not be to talk about religion, or step on the beliefs of others. This is just my personal view of what is after physical life, and my imagination of what Dante's Inferno is about.

All I can say is, I do believe there is another place the human soul goes. And what we do here with our life, is connected to where the soul goes after.

The digital short movie, should be done this week. I just need to redo a shoot. I got distracted, and forgot to hide the top and bottom tool bars. As I do have a sequence to follow, just before I actually do the real filming.

After I have edited the video, I sample several music on YouTube, as I play the video. This way I can get an idea, if the whole music fits right. Not just the music, but also the minutes in it. Nothing worse than a bad ending, with the music abruptly ending, or credits still rolling. Once I find the music I like, I purchase it, and add it with my film.

I do hope you enjoy my next digital video. I will load it on Youtube once completed, with mature and adult rating for it. There is no depictions of sex, but the brutal beatings, and gore scenes would maybe gross a viewer. You have been warned!

No comments:

Post a Comment