Monday, April 30, 2012

Dark Cavern

I finally got my tunnels and caves made, all in part by BJ's help. She laid down the foundation for the underground dungeon. Since BJ was going to set up a dungeon on her side of our joint building, I decided to do mine differently.

I have tried to do some part of the tunnels on my own before, but it was rather hard for me the first time. Also, Tessa  was going to construct a tunnel system back then, but she never finished it since our falling out of our friendship. So, this time I really set my mind of doing it, and not be frustrated in the construction process.

First, I made three or four sided plain prims. The three sided ones were for the dungeon floor area, that would be the straight path for the actual sculpty tunnel for others to walk through. If you don't have them laid out first, it will be hard to see what your tunnel design will look like. Its pretty much visual work, with some planning in mind. The four sided ones, are for the tunnels with the water going in them, placed under the water line.

As I laid the caves and tunnels over and on top of the plain prims, it was getting hard to see them. I them decided to set the sculpty prims at fifty percent transparency. This way I can work, and see over where the tunnel connections are needed. I stretched and squeezed both the sculpty, and plain prims as needed. To block certain areas off, and others that lend to nowhere.

I wanted to avoid unnecessary prims, used in the construction process. And just be stingy and conservative in my building. I added the shadows, in certain parts of the caves, to give it a scary, creepy, eerie kind of feeling. And lets not forget the zombies have a role to play in them. Laughs.

Ritual Cavern

I know I needed at least two rooms, and a thrid would be great. But it will make the open space in the tunnels be confined. And going into mouse view look is necessary. Pretty much like a search and shoot RPG.

Punishment and Bondage.

The entrances are from BJ's side of her dungeon, with a complex tunnel the moment you start walking into it. It twists and turns to confuse a person. While the other is by the shoreline, that has a flowing lava going out from the entrance. And once in, a wide open space black volcanic room, with jetting stream of fire and smoke in it.

Death in a rock cell.

The rooms I made are for both hang out, and roleplay. One is a Ritual Room, for impaling the sacrificed victims, and the other is for bondage and punishment. A tunnel leads to the only entrance and exit of the water caves. There I placed a giant mushroom and a wood stump beside each other, on a dry corner.  And for a touch, a holding cell inside a rock. One can strave a victim to dead, but will never be out of clean water, for drinking and hygene.

It took me two days to complete the tunnels and caves. One day for the floor tunnels, and the other for the water line tunnels, I now call the grotto. It was very challenging, but I completed what I set my mind to do. I hope those that come to look at it, and hopfully get lost in it, (smiles) as they make their way through it. Have an appreciation of my efforts.

Horrors within.

Added a connection entrance from Ashley's dungeon to mine, shortly after a few days completion.

No comments:

Post a Comment