Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Bodies In Motion

This new video I shoot last month, I finally decided to edit and get it done today. It contained six short segments, with one repeat. Which is easy to tell from the scene meld with the next one.

I did not mute the original sound, since I am still in experiment mode. I wanted to know, if I added a main track music. Would it delete the current one in it? To get the music track I wanted, I loaded it to Youtube. From there I edited again, using free music selection that Youtube has to overlay the original stream music that was part of the shot I did. And it worked! I got the right music that is now with the film.

Also, I needed to derender the Huds in front of my screen. Along with hiding the name of the avatars, and instruct my actors not type in local, or private chat as it appears on the screen. And hiding the top and bottom tool bars. These things I learned recently, having attended a video filming class in world. It was very helpful.

The location has to be scouted in advance, to check for lag on the selected site. Lag will significantly reduce frames per second, with a minimum requirement I would like to keep at 30.

There were many more things one can do to make better films. But you would only get confused, since most are within the preference tabs and sub tabs of Phoenix Firestorm I use in world.

If you like making movies, then Second Life is for you. The world inside gives you a lot of opportunities to do amazing videos. Along with the music streams on most of the lands that play today's hits. To country music, and the wide varieties you find in the Internet. Take a look inside SL, and learn to make videos, like I am doing.

Grace and Stormy

No comments:

Post a Comment